My tenth anniversary of blogging at Poem Elf arrives this May, and I need some help to mark the occasion. Not good wishes, thank you very much. I’m looking for elf assistants and elfettes—or if those terms are gag-inducing, how about—Poem Posters.
Here’s what I’m asking: put a copy of a poem in a public space (or as public a space as you have access to, given coronavirus restrictions), take a picture, and send to me. I’ll post as many as I get through the month of May.
- Post a previously published poem. Not your own poem or your grandmother’s poem, or the poem of some up-and-comer in your poetry circle. Sorry for the limitation, but that’s how this blog has always worked.
- Choose a shorter poem if possible. Be sure to include the poet’s name.
- Take one close-up picture so the text is readable, and one context picture farther away so the surroundings are clear.
- Let me know where you placed the poem. Bonus if you tell me why, and/or what the poem means to you and why you chose it. If you want you can write a full-length post.
- Here’s the important part: do not send your picture and commentary to the comment section of this blog. Email to me at email@example.com.
That’s it! Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.
I’ll send periodic reminders of this project. Hope they don’t get irritating.